This award comes with a challenge. You have to share seven of your favorite words or phrases, as well as reveal seven little-known facts about yourself. Finally you have to nominate seven other bloggers for the Inspiring Blog Award. Here goes:
Seven favorite words/phrases:
1. That ain't mine
5. Happier than a wooden spoon at a spelling bee*
7. Sunt verba et voces, praetereaque nihil
*This one's from Dilbert
**From Poe's "X-Ing a Paragrab"
Seven little-known facts about me:
1. I spent ten days on a small equatorial island and stayed at a modest bed 'n' breakfast. Thanks to a tropical storm, my departure flight got cancelled. The airline put us up at a five-star hotel, the only place where I saw a cockroach.
2. People who don't listen to 700 different musical genres: I don't understand them.
3. I believe the cultivation and consumption of marijuana should be decriminalized and regulated everywhere.
4. Between the ages of 9 and 12, I was completely obsessed with He-Man and the Masters of the Universe.
|In all honesty, I wanted to be Skeletor.|
|He had a hot girlfriend.|
(Both paintings by Dave Rapoza.)
5. This is the best piece of music ever written and sometimes it makes me weep for joy.
6. At 14 I thought I'd fallen in love for the first time. I was wrong.
7. Licorice is my kryptonite.
And now we come to the last part. My seven nominees:
They make me laugh (though never cry) and think about matters that wouldn't concern me otherwise; I sometimes stop for a chat at their places, which is something hard for me because I don't turn on Chat Mode that easily. In short, the world's a little bigger because they exist. Thank you, you seven wonderful peeps.